Our list of recommended business podcasts.
Work comprises many different areas like your career, business ventures, or side hustles.
When it comes to entrepreneurship or launching a start-up, priceless advice can be gotten from the business leaders you admire and wish to emulate.
The archives of Optimal Business Daily (OBD) are available for you to dig in and learn all you can about career progress and entrepreneurial tips. We might look into continuing OBD in future based on listener feedback!
In no particular order, here’s a list of business related podcasts (from #2 to #9) hosted by some of the authors and bloggers we’ve featured since OBD was launched.
Thinking about enhancing your career or business prospects shouldn't be done in a vacuum. Learn from some of the very best in the field so that you can apply your newfound knowledge and get to where you want to be professionally.
1. Optimal Business Daily (OBD Podcast / Archives)
Who: Hosted by Dan Weinberg since Jan 2018
What: Dan, who also hosts Optimal Finance Daily, is a professional voice actor who's worked with clients like Dell, Instagram, and Burger King. Sit back with a cup of coffee (or tea) and let his seasoned vocals narrate top quality business blog posts.
- Mentioned on Mindful Studio Mag and Young Upstarts.
- Used to be narrated by Justin and Lee (OLD Podcast co-founders) before Dan took over as show host.
- Described by Evergreen Profits as “highly produced with each mini-episode sounding like a professional audio book. . .for a quick hit of business motivation each day.”
2. Side Hustle School – Chris Guillebeau
Who: Hosted by Chris Guillebeau
What: A free daily business podcast featuring short episodes that are 10 minutes or less. The show features stories of how ordinary people have started a side hustle by using their current skills, and without quitting their job.
- Chris has traveled to every country through travel hacking.
- Chris is the bestselling author of Side Hustle and The $100 Startup. He has an upcoming fiction publication scheduled for release in April (on creating your own financial destiny).
- Recommended by CBC News.
3. The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Who: Hosted by Matt Wolfe & Joe Fier
What: Matt and Joe are mighty experienced with online leaps into entrepreneurship. Their podcast focuses on how you can build a profitable online business while keeping your wallets, sanity, and work-life balance in one piece.
- Joe's article, Are you 3.5 Degrees of Separation from Anyone?, talks about opportunities today with the right connections.
- Matt's favorite podcast episode includes How To Build And Grow A Thriving Online Membership, with Aaron Fletcher.
- Podcast has been described as offering more value than most paid courses (iTunes review).
4. Build Your Tribe
Who: Hosted by Chalene and Brock Johnson
What: Hosts Chalene and her son, Brock Johnson, share perspectives to help you on your entrepreneurial journey. Whether you're a newbie or an experienced entrepreneur, you'll get top tips on topics like growing your email list and creating additional income streams.
- Chalene is a world-renowned motivational speaker and health expert with 30 plus years' experience.
- Her training programs include ChaLEAN Extreme, Turbo Fire (HIIT workouts), and PiYo (pilates and yoga).
- Recent blog posts include How to Stay Productive Working from Home and How to Know if You Have a Victim Mentality.
5. The Recovering Workaholics
Who: Hosted by Kristin Wong & Dara Blaine
What: Kristin and Dara's podcast gives tips on how to make professional progress without burning out.
- Personal finance expert Kristin is the author of Get Money.
- Kristin has written for the New York Times and The Cut. She left behind a steady salary with cushy benefits shortly after graduation and moved to L.A. for a creative writing career.
- Dara, Kristin's friend, is a career counselor and coach who helps professionals strategically design their ideal lives and careers.
6. The My Wife Quit Her Job Podcast with Steve Chou
Who: Hosted by Steve Chou
What: This business podcast is interview based. Blogger Steve Chou hosts QnAs with highly successful small and online business entrepreneurs. All entrepreneurs on this show bootstrapped their businesses and have a core goal of improving their lifestyle.
- Steve works for a Silicon Valley startup company. He holds a bachelors and a masters degree in the field of electrical engineering from Stanford University.
- Steve's wife, Jennifer, majored in economics. She runs their online business, Bumblebee Linens, and looks after their kids. Within a year, the Chous grew their online store to replace Jennifer's six-figure salary.
- Steve's blog has over 275,000 monthly readers.
7. Entrepreneurs On Fire
Who: Hosted by John Lee Dumas
What: John hosts this award-winning podcast on financial and lifestyle freedom. He has interviews 2,000 plus incredible entrepreneurs that include Tony Robbins, Gary Vaynerchuk, Tim Ferriss, and more.
- John was a law school first semester dropout and dabbled in real estate before pursuing his entrepreneurship journey.
- John and his girlfriend, Kate, moved to Puerto Rico in 2016 and enjoy traveling the globe due to being location independent.
- Creator of The Freedom Journal and The Mastery Journal.
8. Marketing School
Who: Hosted by Neil Patel AND Eric Siu
What: You'll be learning from the best in online and digital marketing through this podcast! Marketing School brings you ten minute daily episodes. These short episodes are stocked with actionable marketing advice.
- Neil Patel is an NYT bestselling author, Top 10 marketer by Forbes, and a Top 100 entrepreneur by United Nations.
- Eric is the CEO of the digital marketing agency, Single Grain, which has worked with companies like Uber and Amazon on customer acquisition.
- In a blog post, Neil explains why he spends $16,302 every month producing content that isn't ranked by Google.
9. The Side Hustle Show
Who: Hosted by Nick Loper
What: Thousands of listeners tune in every week for entrepreneurial tips. This is a top-rated podcast that shares ideas and the results you need to grow a business successfully. As Nick mentions, your 9-5 may help you to make a living, but it's you 5-9 that makes you feel alive!
- Nick used to work for a big corporation full-time, and built his business during the nights and weekends.
- Nick says that there are 5 core keystone habits that made the biggest impact on his personal productivity.
- You'll be able to hold a conversation with Nick through Spanglish and/or Simpsons quotes.
10. BONUS: Smart Passive Income
Who: Hosted by Pat Flynn
What: Pat shares killer marketing tricks and tips to help you level up your skills more quickly with your online blog or business. There's a focus on multiple streams of passive income so that you have freedom and time for what you deem as important in life. You'll learn about building online authority, email marketing, outsourcing, content marketing, SEO, creating online courses, and more.
- Show guests include business leader Michael Hyatt, founder of I Will Teach You to Be Rich Ramit Sethi, and fitness icon Chalene Johnson.
- His podcast has been featured in The New York Times, earned multiple awards, and been downloaded over 60 million times.
- In 2017, Pat and his videographer Caleb thought about creating a new tripod for vloggers. The SwitchPod launched on Kickstarter a couple of years later and raise $415,000 from 4,000 plus backers.