Hello OLD Friend!
I desperately need help editing our 5 podcasts. Specifically, I could use help with the pacing (adding & removing silence) and final touches. All the effects/leveling/normalization/etc. will already be done. This is all manual and cannot be done with automations – I do not want “truncate silence” or any other effects like this used.
The O.L.D. Podcasts are like a mix between audiobooks and podcasts, and that's exactly how I like it to sound… kind of like an audiobook, but at the same time, feels conversational like a podcast.
Commitment from You:
This could take anywhere from 2-14 hours/week depending on how many shows you end up working on. It will start on the lower side and can ramp up if you're a good fit. I will require a sample edit of one of my files before hiring. If you want a jump start on it, I have a 1-2 minute file that you can edit here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns64n21a1yqqn1r/Sample-To-Edit.wav?dl=0
- Native English speaker – This is a must so that pacing is as good as it can be
- Experience with audio editing
- Familiarity with Dropbox
- Bonus experience – musician (pacing is an art form, and a musical background helps), listened to any of the Optimal Living Daily podcasts before, experience editing audiobooks specifically. Quick turnaround is also a huge bonus because sometimes we get a bit behind on episodes
- Very detail-oriented and working in an extremely quiet environment – I'm picky about tiny things that other podcasts will often let pass, like breaths that sound cut in the middle. It's also common that I will remove milliseconds to make the pacing feel just right. I will expect this same level of quality and attention to detail from an editor.
- Paid job (PayPal) – If you've been chosen, we'll talk about the details (pay rate, frequency, etc.)
- You get to work with me (Justin) and Lee directly
- Behind the scenes info about our podcasts, etc.
- A nice reference in the future if you need one
- You'll be working on podcasts that are consistently in the Top Charts of iTunes/Apple Podcasts, getting millions of downloads every month
How to Apply:
If you think you're a great fit for this job:
- Fill out the form below and please include any relevant experience and/or why you'd think you'd be a good fit in the comments below
- After submitting the form, if you are selected for the next round, I'll ask for a 1 minute or more sample edit from one of our files that I'll provide. I'll include a link to the original article being narrated if you want to use it to help understand how the pacing should sound.
- Please include your favorite color somewhere in the form