It’s the first of May — and we’re ready to get started on our first group 30-Day Challenge!
I’m so happy that many of you expressed an interested in taking part. It shows that we aren’t alone in our endeavors to make positive changes in our lives, no matter how small the first steps may be.
So Justin… What’s the First Challenge?
For the first 30-day challenge at Optimal Living Daily, we’ve decided to go along with the theme of DECLUTTERING.
CHALLENGE: Declutter at least 1 item a day in the month of May.
You are free to decide how slow or how fast you want to go, depending on your schedule and other commitments. If you have a lot on your plate, try to set aside a specific amount of time each day for the challenge. But simply decluttering 1 item a day can make a world of difference… or a 10-15 minute daily routine is more than enough to continue taking part throughout the month.
Quick tip: Avoid burnout! Don't declutter too much on the first day.
How to Participate and Be Included in the Book Raffles
- Announce your commitment to the monthly challenge! You can do this in any or all of these ways:
- Sign up for our newsletter for the latest updates.
- Repeat #1 half way through (for accountability) and at the end of the month. I'll give reminders in the email newsletter.
Blog Posts to Give You Ideas and Inspiration
To give you some ideas on the types of things you could declutter, you can check out some of our blog posts here on OLD Podcast:
- How to Declutter Your Wardrobe
- How to Declutter Sentimental Items
- How to Declutter Paper
- How to Declutter Books
- How to Declutter Toys
This calendar is an example of some of the things you could declutter during the 30 days (digital version below, or download PDF version to print).
Feel free to jump around or focus on areas that you feel need the most attention!
Our community is made up of friendly and supportive members who are always interested in optimizing their lives.
It will be so fun to have encouragement, accountability, and more among listeners of the podcasts 🙂
You can share your progress and before / after pictures, and check the posts from other members such as:
What Else Do I Get?
We'll be doing book giveaways — and you can choose the book you want if you win! Names will be collected via the shares and comments on Instagram, Facebook, and here on this post, so be sure to follow the instructions above!
The book list includes (and some of the books are autographed!):
- Push Journal by Chalene Johnson
- 131 Method (signed) by Chalene Johnson
- The Art of Productivity (signed) by Jim Stovall
- The Power of Having Fun by Dave Crenshaw
- Good Enough by Kim Foster Carlson
- Live, Love, Explore by Leon Logothetis
- Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life by The Minimalists
…and many. many more!
Can I Share an Idea?
Many of you sent in GREAT ideas, like:
- A social media detox
- Quitting junk food and soda
- Improving the quality of your relationships
- Getting rid of items
- Avoiding negative affirmations
You may already have an idea you’ve been wanting to do as part of a 30-day challenge.
Send us an email if you’d like to share your idea! We'd also like to hear what's working for you and what would make this process easier.
Some Quotes to Inspire You
If you think 30 days is too short of a time to make a real difference, maybe some of these quotes will convince you otherwise:
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
- “Your habits determine your future.” ~ Jack Canfield
And here are some habit-related quotes from our subscribers and Facebook group members:
- “I never heard of LaCroix Sparkling water until it sponsored Optimal Living Daily. Now I drink 2-12 oz cans daily to replace a 32 oz Diet Pepsi Daily habit. I just want to say thank you and I have already told this to the LaCroix corporate headquarters!” ~ Charles B.
- “I listen to the podcast every morning! Thank you for the daily fuel.” ~ Chris C.
- “The OLD podcasts are daily positive reminders for me. They inject small power boosts of positive energy that help get each day off to a great start!” ~ Rhonda W.
Now it's time to get excited for a tidier and neater home after 30 days!