Welcome to our list of recommendations for fitness and health podcasts.
Do you have a number of health and fitness goals?
If you do, that's wonderful! Still, it requires time and commitment to stick to a regular routine.
And it's not just exercise, but healthy eating and a nutritional diet that help you to achieve a well-rounded and healthy lifestyle. Listening to health and fitness podcasts is a convenient way to make sure you stay motivated with your health related goals.
Optimal Healthy Daily (OHD) is the health, fitness, and nutrition show in the Optimal Living Daily podcast network.
We've compiled a few bloggers on this list who we've featured on OHD (up to #4 on our list). We’ve also included our show on the list for new listeners and visitors who are landing on this post.
Let us know of your favorite episodes. Here's to a healthier mind and body — and all the benefits you'll reap from a healthy lifestyle!
1. Optimal Health Daily (OHD Podcast)
Who: Hosted by Dr. Neal Malik
What: Dr. Neal Malik is an Assistant Professor at Bastyr University California with a very busy teaching schedule! He has been featured as wellness expert on media outlets like CBS local radio and Men’s Fitness Magazine. Optimal Health Daily has been downloaded over 1 million times.
- Mentioned on Prevention.com.
- Dr. Neal is OLD Podcast founder Justin Malik's brother. They played in a band together during college days. 🎵
- Bloggers featured include Ben Greenfield, Steve Kamb of Nerd Fitness, and writers from Healthline.
2. Ben Greenfield Fitness
Who: Hosted by Ben Greenfield
What: Ben Greenfield is a top personal trainer in the U.S. covering fitness, nutrition, biohacking, anti-aging and other health advice. His podcast combines modern science with ancestral wisdom.
- Ben was raised in rural North Idaho and homeschooled K-12. By 2015, Ben was coaching top CEO’s, biohackers, pro athletes, and endurance competitors. Ben now lives on 10 quiet acres of forest in Washington state.
- Voted as America’s top personal trainer in 2008.
- Co-founder of Kion which offers consulting, supplements, and a top coaching certification.
3. The More Than Fitness Podcast – Matt McLeod
Who: Hosted by Matt McLeod
What: This podcast focuses on helping you have a life while still being in great shape. Topics include self-development and maximizing your time spent at the gym (and outside of it).
- Episodes are described as being “not only informative and educational, but eye opening on a broad range of topics outside of fitness,” with Matt being “truly a coach in this game for the long haul who inspires the people around him to better themselves” (iTunes review)
- McLeod is an Australian native. In 2019, he placed fifth for Australia in the CrossFit Championship.
- McLeod is a CrossFit legend.
4. The Chalene Show
Who: Hosted by Chalene Johnson
What: The Chalene Show covers life coaching, personal development, diet, nutrition, and exercise.
- Her unique skills and passion for fitness helped her build one of the most successful infomercial fitness brands of all time.
- Follows daily rituals and midwest values that support her dreams
- Identifies as an outgoing introvert.
5. The Wellness Mama
Who: Hosted by Katie Wells
What: WellnessMama is an online resource for moms and women who are seeking ways to live more healthily. Founder Katie works with researchers and medical professionals to analyze parenting, health, and natural living subjects to give you practical tips grounded in the real world.
- Own line of safe and clean products at Wellnesse.
- Featured in Yahoo Finance and Prevention
- Katie has written 1,500 plus blog posts!
6. TEDTalks Health
About: TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading
What: This podcast features researchers and doctors who share their medical discoveries at TEDx events and other partner events. Part of the TED organization and global community that fosters conversation and the accessibility of great ideas.
- Video playlists include “what doctors worry about” and the “future of medicine.”
- Podcast includes 160+ in-depth episodes.
- Most popular TED talks of all time include brain researcher Jill Bolte Taylor's experience with a stroke, and health psychologist Heather McGonigal's “How to make stress your friend.”
7. Nutrition Diva
Who: Hosted by Monica Reinagel
What: Monica is a licensed nutritionist and media expert who helps listeners to sort fiction from food facts from fiction and make healthy eating a saner process.
- Featured on Dr. Oz. on a video for the top three energy boosters.
- Monica is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post for the media outlet's “Healthy Living” section, where she guides readers on healthy nutrition and weight management.
- Monica is a classically trained singer and has performed with the Baltimore Opera Company and others.
8. Sleep With Me
Who: Hosted by Drew Ackerman
What: Created in 2013, this podcast combines the frustration of insomnia with the calming relief of laughter through unique storytelling. After all, quality sleep is vital to your health.
- Featured on The New Yorker. The article mentions that Ackerman has struggled with insomnia since he was a child, and thinks his podcast is helpful because it isn't prescriptive (doctor's orders can often present insomniacs with more fear or dread than success).
- Sleep With Me was inspired by late-night comedy radio. According to Drew, it was the only thing that helped him to fall asleep.
- Has 5,200+ patrons on Patreon.
9. Twenty Minute Fitness
What: Twenty Minute Fitness brings you the the latest news and advice regarding healthy nutrition, weight loss and digital health. Episodes are less than 20 minutes. Produced in California by Shape.
- Creator of a 3D body scanning scale plus fitness tracker which visualizes muscle gains and fat loss.
- Podcast guests include fitness experts and entrepreneurs like Brian Keane, Shaun T., and Dr. Stuart McGill.
- A Silicon Valley company run by a team that's passionate about sports, design, and the intersection of technology and the human body.
10. Mind Pump: Raw Fitness Truth
Who: Hosted by Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer & Justin Andrews
What: Mind Pump exposes the TRUTH about health and fitness. Hosts filter through the pseudo-science pervading the fitness industry and present solutions that are backed by science.
- Offers free guides on sculpting muscle, fat loss, and improving mobility.
- Offers a number of specific fitness programs depending on your goals and interest.
- Host Sal Di Stefano started Mind Pump with colleagues Adam, Justin, and Doug. The vision with Mind Pump was simple — to bring quality health information to the public with honesty. Sal was driven to focus on self love and self care as a core component of the health industry.